Vermont Maple Muffins
2 cups of Flour
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Vermont Maple Syrup
1 tbl Maple Extract
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup salted butter melted
1/3 cup sour cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
Maple Frosting Glaze:
1 stick butter melted
1/3 cup NEHF Vermont Maple Cream Caramel Sauce
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 cup powder sugar
Coconut flakes for top garnish
Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 15-18 Min
1. Preheat over to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
2. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix just until all is moist.
3. Fill muffin paper cups 2/3 full.
4. Bake 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick pulls out clean.
5. Set aside and allow to cool before glazing.
6. Frosting Glaze: Melt butter then add the caramel sauce then brown sugar.
7. Simmer until smooth then set aside and let cool completely.
8. Once cooled add 1 cup of powdered sugar and mix on low-medium.
9. After all is combined and smooth, frost or dip each muffin top into the frosting glaze and sprinkle coconut flakes over each muffin.