Maple Caramel Madeleine
3 Large eggs
1 tsp Vanilla extract
1/2 tsp Salt
1/2 cup sugar
3/4 cup Four
6 tbl Melted butter
(For Chocolate Madeleines Add 1/4 cup of Cocoa Powder).
Prep Time: 10 minutes Bake Time: 13 Min
1. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
2. Beat eggs, vanilla and salt, gradually add in the sugar and mix for about 5 minutes.
3. Slowly fold in sifted flour into the egg mixture, then add the cooled melted butter until all combined.
4. Cover with plastic and chill for an hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
6. Spray madeleine pan with cooking spray or melted butter.
7. Use a tablespoon and scoop the batter into each mold.
8. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10-12 minutes or until the edges start to brown.
9. Remove immediately from the pan when done and set aside to cool.
10. Warm up or microwave 4 tablespoons of maple cream caramel sauce just until thinned .
11. Using a pastry brush, paint the ribbed side of each madeleine with the warmed caramel sauce.
12. The caramel will soak into the madeleine while creating an outside glaze.
13. Enjoy warm or cold. Try dipping the tops in anyone of our chocolate sauces as an extra layer of yumminess!