Maple Banana Foster French Toast
4 slices of farm bread (or any style bread)
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbl whole milk
2 tbl maple cream caramel sauce.
1 banana sliced to preferred thickness (we go for about 1/4 inch thick).
2 tsp brown sugar.
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 5 Min Serves: 1
1. Heat a 10 inch skillet with a tablespoon of butter.
2. In a shallow bowl whisk the egg, vanilla and milk.
3. Once the butter is melted and bubbling, dunk each slice of bread into the french toast batter and place onto the skillet.
4. Once each french toast is done on each side, remove from the skillet onto a plate.
5. Using the same skillet, add 2 tablespoons of NEHF Vermont Maple Cream Caramel Sauce (spread it out a bit), placing the sliced bananas on top and sprinkling the brown sugar over the sliced bananas.
6. Over low heat cook for about 5 minutes, flipping each sliced banana half way through.
7. Once done, pour the Banana foster over the french toast and serve hot.