1 cup warm water
1 cup warm milk
2 packets of active yeast
3 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
4 tbl olive oil
Prep Time: 10 minutes Rest time: 1hr Serves: 10
1. Add both the warm water and yeast in a mixing bowl and hand mix until yeast is dissolved.
2. Add the rest of the ingredients into the bowl and mix on high for about 2 minutes.
3. Cover the bowl with plastic and set aside for about an hour.
4. Pour about 2 inches of vegetable oil in a frying pan and heat until it produces small bubbles.
5. Dip a spoon in cold water and then pull off a small portion of the dough and add it the hot oil (the cold spoon will help to release the batter into the oil).
6. Add several spoon fulls to the oil and flip each one as to allow each side to brown evenly.
7. Once done on both sides remove each loukoumade from the hot oil and set aside to drain on a wire rack or plate covered by a paper towel.
8. When all the loukoumaeds are finished, drizzle NEHF Original hot fudge sauce over them or even some NEHF Maple Caramel Sauce.