Kentucky Bourbon Poundcake
3 cups of Flour
1/3 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp kosher salt
1 cup (2 sticks) salted butter at room temp
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 cup buttermilk
3 tbl NEHF cocoa powder
Maple Bourbon Glaze:
1/2 cup powder sugar
1 tbl Kentucky Bourbon
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbl NEHF Maple Caramel Sauce
Prep Time: 15 minutes Cooking Time: 55-60 Min Serves: 8
1. Preheat over to 350 degrees. In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients except the cocoa powder.
2. In a separate bowl mix together the butter and sugar until creamy.
3. Once creamy, add the eggs and buttermilk.
4. Slowly add the dry ingredients and mix for 3 minutes.
5. Scoop out 2 cups of the mixed batter into a separate bowl and add the cocoa powder.
6. Spray your baking pan and pour half of the original batter in your pan followed by a layer of the cocoa batter ending with the rest of the original batter.
7. Take a knife and swirl all three layers of batter. Just do a couple of times as this can easily be overdone.
8. Place in the oven and bake for about 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
9. Let cool before taking out of the pan.
10. For the glaze, place all ingredients in a medium size bowl and mix thoroughly.
11. Drizzle over pound cake when ready to serve.