Italian Sprinkle Cookies
1/4 cup of shortening
1/2 cup butter
3/4 cup sugar
3 cups flour
5 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp Kosher salt
2 tsp anise extract
2 cups confectionery sugar
2-4 tbl whole milk
Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 10 Min
1. Preheat over to 375 degrees.
2. Heat both butter and shortening.
3. Add sugar and eggs one at a time. Mix
4. Add anise extract.
5. In a separate bowl whisk flour, baking powder and salt.
6. Add butter mixture to the flour bowl. Mix thoroughly.
7. Roll into small 1/2"-3/4" balls and place onto an non-greased cookie sheet pan.
8. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until the bottom edges are slightly brown.
9. Place on wire rack to cool completely before frosting.
10. To make frosting, gradually add the milk to the confectionery sugar and stir until combined.
11. Dip the top of each cookie into the frosting and sprinkle generously while the frosting is still wet.
12. Makes about 100 cookies.