2/3 cup warm water
1 package active dry yeast
1/2 cup milk
2 tbl melted butter
1/3 cup sugar
4 cup flour
1 tsp kosher salt
6-8 cups canola oil for frying
Prep Time: 15 minutes Frying Time: 15 Min
1. In a mixing bowl, add the warm water and yeast. Let sit for 5 minutes.
2. Combine the rest of the wet ingredients followed by the dry ingredients.
3. Mix for 3 mix minutes and hand form into a smooth ball.
4. Cover with plastic and set aside to double in size (about 2 hrs).
5. Place the dough onto a lightly floured surface and roll into a large rectangle about 1/8-1/4" thick.
6. Using a pizza cutter, cut the dough into 2 inch squares.
7. Heat the canola oil until it reaches 300 degrees F.
8. Place a few beignets into the hot oil and wait until they start to puff. Once they do flip them over and fry until lightly brown.
9. Remove immediately from the pan with tongs, placing them on a wire rack with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
10. Once cooled, lightly dust the finished beignets with powdered sugar.
11. Our chocolate and caramel sauces make for a perfect dip your warm beignets.