Autumn Spice Sugar Cookies
3 sticks (1 1/2 cups) room temperature butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
1 tbl vanilla extract
4 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
Prep Time: 15 minutes Bake Time: 50 Min Serves: 10
1. In a medium mixing bowl, combine butter and sugar
and mix until smooth.
2. Add eggs one at a time.
3. Add in the flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon and nutmeg.
4. Mix until combined.
5. Shape into a ball (incorporate more flour if the dough is a bit sticky).
6. Cut the dough ball in half and roll out the dough
using a rolling pin on a well flour surface to about 1/4 inch thick.
7. Cut out your desired shape using a cookie cutter and gently transfer each cookie to your pan.
8. Place your pan in the fridge for one hour to two hours.
9. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
10. Bake cookies for about 8-12 minutes on the middle rack.
11. Once lightly golden in color, take out of the oven and place cookies on a cooling rack.